Depth: 4.89 km
Providing Saudi cadres capable of managing and operating SGS’s projects, co-coordinating its activities and making decisions of achieving its policies and goals can be attained by developing its personnel skills and potentials. To achieve this goal, it is necessary to implement extensive training courses including the scientific, technical and administrative fields related to SGS’s works. The training is achieved by combining specialized on-job courses, continuous education and participation in seminars, lectures and global associations and conferences specialized in Geology and its supportive technologies.
The training is implemented in four tracks:
- Engaging in the technical training program by both new and old technicians. This program involves on-job training through implementing projects with experts.
- Enrolling in local and global specialized training courses for the experienced and new technicians who have completed the on-job training program.
- Local and overseas scholarships for a number of technicians who demonstrated high practical capabilities and skills to obtain MSc and Ph.D. degrees in geological specializations.
- Participating in seminars, meetings and specialized lectures on geological fields and information technology which helps to communicate knowledge and raise the participants’ technical and technological capabilities.
Conditions and Controls of Training:
The main goal of training is to raise the efficiency of human cadres to enhance their performance, keep pace with the state-of-the-art technology and assume greater responsibilities and qualify the cadres of technicians technically and administratively for purpose of raising productivity, achieving self-sufficiency for Geologists and raising individual technical and administrative level to global standards. To this end, a set of conditions and controls should be set and availed to implement this training properly. Such conditions and controls are as follows:
- setting the basics and standards by which Individuals are selected according to their specializations as well as setting conditions and requirements to be fulfilled by candidates.
- Setting and scheduling the required training programs.
- Specifying the requirements of overseas scholarships of postgraduate studies and considering labour priorities and demands.
- Studying and reviewing the technical and administrative training programs provided by the scientific institutions and Public and private companies within and outside the Kingdom and specifying and identifying these programs priorities and importance in the field of the Body’s work.
- Providing the administrative and technical support for trainees and students under scholarships, following up their achievement, assessing their performance and reporting on them.
- Evaluating the efficiency of some foreign experts required to be invited to train technicians on practical and specialized areas.
- Amendments made to organizational structure or procedures are good reasons for retraining the personnel who will perform new or different jobs.
- In the area of doing and publishing researches, a researcher has to obtain the approval of SGS’s concerned section of research subject and content before preparing and publishing it.
Mahara “Skill” Courses:
- Geological mapping
- Clastic depositional systems
- The importance of sediments in relation to various disciplines in marine sciences
- The Fundamentals of writing a scientific report
- Introduction on the utilisation of linux operating system
- Training course at petrology mineralogy lab
- Introduction on seismology & seismic hazards
- Evaluation of natural hazards using remote sensing and GIS
- Construction of geological time scale principles.terminologies.& applications
- Carbonates and their commercial uses
- Following-up & detecting analysis mistakes in water samples
- The role of electrical resistivity techniques in geophysical exploration
- The use of MATLAB Programming language
- Analysis of advanced satellite images
- Sequence stratigraphy & depositional environment of Cambrian rocks
- Industrial minerals identification & processing
- Characteristics of the unsaturated zone
- Training course on rainfall data analysis & the use of common statistical distributions
- Rare earth elements & their uses
- Introduction to engineering seismology
- Uranium geology. Exploration. & environment
- Introduction to industrial minerals
- Ceramic Raw Materials
- Training course at chemical lab
- Geology of ore deposits
- Training course on GIS
- Radioactive& heavy metals contamination in surface & groundwater. Soil . Stream sediments & fractured basement rocks :causes & mitigation
- Metamorphic rocks with special emphasis to metapelites and metabasites Visit to Sigma paint industry
- Training course on flood calculation methods & hydrological modeling program
- The role of electrical resistivity techniques in geophysical exploration ( part I )
- Introduction to rock mechanics
- Introduction on remote sensing